11/5/08

Another Obama post.

So it's 9:30AM on Nov. 5th and I'm still processing all this President Obama stuff. I'm sure I wont feel the impact for awhile yet, but it's pretty evident that my generation is racking up the "where were you when _______ happened" moment's, from bad to good, 9/11, and now this.

Like then notion that my generation is experiencing firsthand many historic milestones in the world and the country, this specific moment will take more than a couple days to sink in. I'm too used to hating the president, hating those in power. I'm groomed to to trust my mistrust, and as a result, it's quite the adjustment. This is a first for my adulthood, actually backing the president and feeling good about the country's decision.

There's still so many things wrong with this country and this people, ideologically and socially. But to chip away at it and take a huge step in the right direction is rewarding and I'm glad I got to be a part of it.

There's so much more to be said but I'll leave that to those who have the time and dedication to write about it, I more or less just wanted to mark the date somewhere. Peace.

No comments: