1/23/09

Guess who's home Guess who's home Guess who's hoooomme!

The lil' guy on the left! (sorry for the small picture). That's right, Dunkin Donuts, despite the hatred I hold for their over saturation of the greater Albany area in the past 5 years, have finally pulled through big time on this one. The Dunkaccino, combining light and sweet coffee and chocolate, is by far the best menu item to ever grace a Dunkin Donuts shop. I'm sipping a much too hot one right now from the ghetto DD next to my work building, and I gotta say that even the mutants at this franchise can't fuck with this hallmark beverage.

I've noticed that Dunkin Donuts is a good indicator of whose grown up in the Upstate, and whose a migrate. If you've grown up here, you know that Dunkin Donuts is alright. With the exception of a few fanatics, most agree that the coffee is slightly exceptional (especially if you don't favor Starbucks), the donuts are okay depending on which flavor you opt for, and the service is usually sub par and a headache to deal with. People from downstate and other areas cling to Dunkin as the savior of their morning routine or think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread that you can get an egg and cheese sandwich at 8 or 9 pm somewhere.

Anyways, the Dunkaccino is definitely a step in the right direction for DD, especially after wasting their time for the past 2 years pushing tasteless, flat bred egg white sandwiches and drinks that copy Starbucks. I try to keep it real when I go to Dunkin, and that's why I don't go a lot - Donuts. Obviously bad for you, I opt for the occasionally Blueberry Cake or Vanilla Creme. The Glazed and Jelly are hard to fuck up too so I might throw those in once and awhile. The breakfast sandwiches at BK and MC'Ds are better and the bagels are laughable.

In trying to keep in good faith with my eating habits and diet this new year, I'll stick with the drive-thru Dunkaccino flying solo every once in awhile, just so DD knows I back their decision to resurrect this monster. The bigwigs can rest easy at night knowing I'm on thier side with this one.

No comments: